The NHS Innovation Challenge Prizes
Challenges and Prizes 2015/16 – Wave 1
The NHS Innovation Challenge Prizes seek to encourage, recognise and reward front line innovation and drive spread and adoption of these innovations across the NHS.
Wave 1 of this year’s NHS Innovation Challenge Prizes offers £150,000 in prize money plus a tailored professional support package from our internal and external partners, our National Clinical Directors and Academic Health and Science Networks to support the spread and adoption of the winning innovations.
The challenges for Wave 1 are The Cancer and Acorn Challenges.
Cancer Challenge: To recognise and award initiatives that exemplify the modern patient pathway in cancer, by demonstrating clear delivery of the Cancer Strategy and Five Year Forward View through New Models of Care.
£100,000: Funded and supported by MSD
The challenge will recognise and award initiatives that exemplify the modern patient pathway in cancer, by demonstrating:
- an innovative and patient focused approach to care that addresses a significant challenge in cancer management
- an improvement in outcomes
- providers, carers and commissioners collaborating effectively to integrate services and align responsibilities, expertise and common goals
- a service that is affordable, sustainable and an efficient use of resources
- strong potential to replicate across the NHS
- demonstrate clear delivery of the Cancer Strategy and The Five Year Forward View.
Acorn Challenge: The Acorn Challenges seek to recognise and reward small ideas that have the potential to make a big difference to patients.
£50,000: Supported by NHS England.
This challenge is an open innovation category, which could be a new care pathway, service or technology in any area. Launched in 2014/15 the Acorn Challenges has proved to be one of the most popular challenge areas, with up to £10,000 available for each successful applicant.
Only NHS organisations in England can apply for a prize (i.e. the lead applicant), applications close on 14 September 2015.
For more details please see: http://www.england.nhs.uk/challengeprizes/about/prizes/
Sign up to our e-newsletter for all the latest news and updates from Medipex.